Hawise de Lancaster1
#39024, b. circa 1169
|Charts||Roger FitzReinfield Descendants|
|Father||William II de Lancaster1 d. c 1184|
|Mother||Hawise de Stuteville1|
Major Life EventsHawise de Lancaster was born circa 1169.2 She married Gilbert FitzReinfrid, son of Roger FitzReinfrid and Alice de Breton, on 20 July 1189 in Rouen.3,2
Children of Hawise and Gilbert FitzReinfrid
NarrativeHawise appears to be the only legitimate child of William II. After his death, Hawise became a ward of William le Mareschal, known as the "perfect knight". She eventually marriage Gilbet FitzReinfrid, with the permission of Henry II.
1184-86, Henry II gave to William Marshal the custody of the heir of William de Lancaster; see Kirkby in Kendale, page 2.45
- [S422] Enfield-Bryant Genealogy, Genealogy Database.
- [S2380] Stirnet Genealogy, online http://www.stirnet.com/HTML/genie/genfam.htm, Lancaster1.
- [S2378] The de Lancaster Family, online http://balder.prohosting.com/shissem/Hissem_Lancaster.html, (6) Gilbert fitz Reinfrid "de Lancaster."
- [S2382] British History Online, online http://www.british-history.ac.uk/, 'Helsington and Sizergh', Records relating to the Barony of Kendale: volume 1 (1923) pp. 130-66.
- [S2411] The "de Lancasters" of Westmoreland, online http://users.skynet.be/lancaster/…
- [S2382] British History Online, online http://www.british-history.ac.uk/, 'Kirkby in Kendale: c. 1100-1350', Records relating to the Barony of Kendal: volume I (1923), pp. 1-22.