#33992, b. circa 1827
#33993, b. circa 1822
Major Life EventsA. Stewart was born circa 1822 in Scotland.2
James A. Dalrymple1
#33994, b. circa 1825
#33995, b. circa 1829
Angeline Elizabeth Jessup
#33996, b. circa 1812, d. 27 December 1885
|Relationships||3rd great-grandmother of Paul Edward Lawrence|
5th great-granddaughter of William Towne
|Charts||Descendants of George Sloan Sr.|
Descent from George Sloan Sr. to Researcher
Descent from Susannah Pratt to Researcher
Descendants of Robert Towne
Descent from Robert Towne to Researcher
|Father||Joseph Jessup d. b 1840|
|Mother||Elizabeth Town b. c 1784|
Major Life EventsAngeline Elizabeth Jessup was born circa 1812 in Connecticut.1 She married John Henry Sloan, son of Thomas Sloan [Jr.] and Hannah Barnard, on 19 September 1829 in Seventh Presbyterian Church, New York, New York.2,3 Angeline died on 27 December 1885 in Donelson, Davidson Co., Tennessee.4,5
Children of Angeline and John Henry Sloan
NarrativeThe following newspaper clipping was found in the scrapbook (memory book) of Ida Vanetta McMurry, granddaughter of Angeline. There was no indication of the newspaper or date that it was published but evidently was a memorial to Angeline published shortly after her death.
Mrs. Angeline E. Sloan, wife of J. H. Sloan, died December 27th, 1885.
Safely within the tomb,
Our wearied mother rests;
Yet, though bereft, why should we mourn?
The dead in Christ are blessed.
Her gentle voice is hushed,
Her gentle hand is stilled;
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust,
Obedient to God's will.
She lives within our hearts,
Through hidden from our sight;
No more her counsels to impart,
To guide our steps aright.
We know she's happy now,
Her soul is with the blest;
She lived by faith, performed her vow,
And entered into rest.5
- [S485] 1850 U. S. Census, Coffee & Davidson Cos., Tennessee, U. S. Population Schedule, p. 146B, Line 32, Dwelling 816, Family 922.
- [S356] International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batch number M535292, Marriage, John H. Sloan-Angeline E. Jessup.
- [S448] Newsletter, About Towne, Vol. XXIV, No. 2, June 2004, page 26.
- [S379] Letter, Anne Sloan to Paul E. Lawrence, August 9, 1999, charts and reports.
- [S880] Ida Harper Scrapbook.
- [S485] 1850 U. S. Census, Coffee & Davidson Cos., Tennessee, U. S. Population Schedule, p. 146B, Line 31, Dwelling 816, Family 922.
#33997, b. circa 1830
#33998, b. circa 1815
#33999, b. circa 1818